Basic information about the Charles County
The Charles County is located in the state of Maryland. This county occupies 644 square miles, with 186 square miles being water areas. There are 146.551 inhabitants living in the county according to the 2010 Census. As for the racial makeup of Charles County citizens, the 3 largest groups are White (50.27%), followed by Black or African American (40.96%) and Two or More races (3.72%). There are 51.214 households in the county, while 75,40% of them are family households and 24,60% represent non family households. There are 13 cities and towns in Charles County. The most populated city is Waldorf CDP and the smallest town or village is Port Tobacco Village town.
- 5.845District 4, Allens Fresh
- 6.219Remainder of District 1, La Plata
- 3.318Remainder of District 5, Thompkinsville
- 2.611Remainder of District 6, Waldorf
- 1.463Remainder of District 7, Pomonkey
- 7.183Remainder of District 8, Bryantown