Basic information about the Halifax County
The Halifax County is located in the state of North Carolina. This county occupies 732 square miles, with 8 square miles being water areas. There are 54.691 inhabitants living in the county according to the 2010 Census. As for the racial makeup of Halifax County citizens, the 3 largest groups are Black or African American (53.22%), followed by White (40.02%) and American Indian and Alaska Native (3.79%). There are 21.970 households in the county, while 66,15% of them are family households and 33,85% represent non family households. There are 10 cities and towns in Halifax County. The most populated city is Roanoke Rapids city and the smallest town or village is Halifax town.
- 4.485Remainder of Brinkleyville township
- 3.310Remainder of Enfield township
- 2.541Remainder of Halifax township
- 3.317Remainder of Littleton township
- 735Remainder of Palmyra township
- 4.949Remainder of Roanoke Rapids township