Basic information about the Madison County
The Madison County is located in the state of North Carolina. This county occupies 452 square miles, with 2 square miles being water areas. There are 20.764 inhabitants living in the county according to the 2010 Census. As for the racial makeup of Madison County citizens, the 3 largest groups are White (96.49%), followed by Two or More races (1.3%) and Black or African American (1.16%). There are 8.494 households in the county, while 67,77% of them are family households and 32,23% represent non family households. There are 3 cities and towns in Madison County. The most populated city is Mars Hill town and the smallest town or village is Hot Springs town.
- 2.320Remainder of Township 1, North Marshall
- 992Remainder of Township 1, South Marshall
- 2.654Remainder of Township 3, Mars Hill
- 3.296Remainder of Township 4, Beech Glenn
- 694Remainder of Township 6, Hot Springs
- 1.498Township 10, Grapevine